Biostatistics and Medical Informatics
Department of Biostatistics and Medical Informatics was founded in 2013 by Prof. Dr. Canan BAYDEMİR.
Biostatistics is a branch of statistics science that includes the applications of statistical methods in medicine and health sciences (medicine, dentistry, veterinary medicine, nursing, midwifery, etc.) and develops new methods specific to these fields.
The science of biostatistics helps researchers to collect, classify and present the information about biological and health events, estimate the population parameters using the information obtained from the sample units, and make the right decisions about the causes of events. Therefore, biostatistics science should be utilized at all stages of a research (planning, calculation of sample size, data collection, evaluation, inference and interpretation, etc.).
By the Department of Biostatistics and Medical Informatics,
- Biostatistics at the Faculty of Medicine,
- Biostatistics at the Faculty of Dentistry,
- Biostatistics in the Department of Midwifery, Faculty of Health Sciences,
- Nursing Research I, Nursing Research II, Biostatistics, Epidemiology and Research Methods and Project Development in Nursing in Department of Nursing, Faculty of Health Sciences,
- Introduction to Statistics in the Department of Social Work, Faculty of Health Sciences,
- Statistical Data Analysis with Package Programs, Research Methods and Research Ethics, Research and Statistics in Sport Sciences, Writing Scientific Articles in the Graduate and Doctorate Programs of the Institute of Health Sciences
courses are given.
Besides the pre and post graduate educational activities carried out by the Department of Biostatistics and Medical Informatics, research and statistical analysis consultancy services are provided to both our university academic staff and non-university researchers.
Our department also organizes the biostatistics courses to provide researchers the ability to plan and conduct scientific research and perform basic statistical analyses.
- To contribute to scientific thinking in studies to be carried out in the field of health,
- To intellectually place the necessity and importance of biostatistics in scientific studies,
- To increase the applicability of biostatistical methods in scientific studies,
- To support doctor candidates in planning, implementing and publishing a scientific study,
- To contribute to the training of doctors producing information on their own in scientific and having universal qualifications and being the researchers of the future,
- To collaborate with researchers from different disciplines.
- To contribute to the development of biostatistics science in every field,
- To become a department providing education at the international standards,
- To contribute the university’s improvement in terms of quality and number of scientific publications by fulfilling our duties completely
- To continue to be a sought-after department in the fields of biostatistics and research.
• Professor.Dr. Canan BAYDEMİR (Head of the Department)